Administrative Training Institute is a premier training organization of the Government of Karnataka for the Government Functionaries. The Library of this Organization has a rich collection of more than 61358 records comprising printed documents i.e. books, reports, manuals, gazettes, journals, periodicals, magazines, course material and reference material in the areas of Social Science, Public Administration, Management, Rural Development, Urban Development, Disaster Management, Women Studies, Computer, Law and allied subjects. The Library is being updated with new additions by conducting ‘Book Exhibitions’ in the Institute, and suggestions by the faculty and officers of the department. The books in this Library are arranged as per Dewey decimal classification. At present we are using e-Granthalaya 4.0 version Library Software which is developed by the NIC. We are in process of upgrading our library and it will become fully automated and that would be in a position to make available all the bibliographical data available through Online Public Access Catalogue (OPC) and networked (LAN) resource sharing. Our competent library staff is assisting our user community. They eagerly look forward to meet the information needs of various user communities. I welcome and invite our users to explore and discover the range of quality resources and services, including the facilities the library is extending.
1. Issue of books, magazines to members
a) Members are given borrowers tickets to take books and magazines.
b) Books and magazines can be borrowed in exchange of tickets.
c) Current magazines and newspapers are not lent out.
d) Books shall be returned on or before the due date which is normally a fortnight and they may be renewed for another fortnight if there is no demand.
e) Books should not be lent to others by the borrower. No member shall transfer his/her borrower’s tickets to anybody else other than for the purpose of obtaining books for personal use.
f) Only members have the access to the lending section. But their representatives may borrow the books on their behalf provided they hold a letter of authority from the member.
g) The member shall be responsible for any book issued against his/her name.
h) Before leaving the counter, the member shall satisfy himself or herself about the good condition of the book. If not inform the Librarian about it otherwise he/she is liable to replace a good copy of the book or pay the cost and other charges.
i) Books can be recalled according to demand.
j) The member may request the Librarian to reserve the book for him/her.
2. Books other than reference books only are generally lent to members.
3. Reference books will not be issued in the name of any one and will not be permitted to be taken outside the library.
4. The number of books and periodicals to be borrowed by a member is limited to the number specified. However the faculty members can obtain additional books and magazines in case they need them for course material or project preparation by obtaining special permission of DG.
5. Office Staff, participants and faculty may borrow acts and rules books required for departmental examinations by taking special permission.
6. No book is issued from the Library without acknowledgement on the book card or requisition for urgent issue.
7. It is compulsory that the head of the Institute, faculty members, officers, members of the staff, trainees etc., who have borrowed books, magazines shall return them at the instance of transfer, retirement or end of the course as is applicable. Clearance certificate shall not be issued without this being complied.
8. Normally acts, rules, manuals reports, current periodicals and ATI digests will not be lent outside the library. They may be referred to within the library.
9. Books which are constantly in need will be issued for a period of three days only. It may be further renewed for a period of three days if there is no other demand.
All working days – 09:00 hrs – 18:00 hrs
|Sl .No.||Name||Designation & Contact Details||Photo|
|1||Sri Ningaraja E.C||Chief Librarian
|2||Sri Varadaraju||Senior Librarian
|3||Sri Raghavendra H.N||Library Assistant